WELCOME TO MANCO
WELCOME TO MANCO!!
MANCO, an abbreviation for The Manquen Company, is the new incarnation of Altair Electronics, Inc. The MANCO team consists of Dale, Luke and Micah Manquen. Dale is the chief designer and salesman; Luke provides design and manufacturing support; Micah is Webmaster and general assistant.
In the 1970's and '80's Dale developed several unique products and technologies, including:
1. The Altair T2DS Tape and Transport Diagnostic System
2. Spectral analysis techniques for preventive maintenance of tape recorders
3. Methods for recording studios to test magnetic tape
4. A comprehensive training class for technicians who maintain tape recorders
5. The continuous loop bin reproducers used at EPCOT Center, Tokyo Disneyland, and Anaheim Disneyland
6. A retrofit kit to add a direct-drive servo motor to the 3M Isoloop transports
7. Mackenzie Laboratories' first digital message repeater with messages stored in EPROM
8. In cooperation with Joe Martinsound of Martinsound Studios, a method of testing ATR-100 ferrite heads for gap erosion
9. Various input and display devices, including motorized faders, for a Martinsound virtual console project.
Unfortunately, Altair Electronics was the victim of a community property battle in a divorce settlement. Dale became a full-time employee of Martinsound, working on the design of the Flying FadersTM fader automation system. Now, after fourteen years at Martinsound, Dale is once again on his own, working with his new partners - Luke and Micah.
The purpose of MANCO is to solve our customers' problems using a variety of skills. Sometimes our customers just need information or training to solve a problem. In other cases they require specialized products not available elsewhere, new designs to fill their needs. And some times the tasks just require manpower to supplement the limited resources or skills of the customer.
We invite you to browse through our website. You will find training courses, specialized products and several technical papers that will give you some new skills. We appreciate your visit and hope that you find our website valuable enough to rate a return visit. Any comments to email@example.com would be greatly appreciated.
Back to top